Friday, December 4, 2009

Birthday Week Fever- Nov 09

I am officially now longer 23 effective November 24, 2009... One more year till I hit a quarter of a century, until I am closer to 50 then being born... Oh dear! But I must say, if the first two days of being 24 is any indication, I think this is gonna be my best year yet. My family here in Oz and my three besties spoiled me absolute rotten, unfortunately alot of that spoiling involved amazing food which I will trying to burn off over the next few days with surfing... Win/win situation, no? For all you November birthday boys and girls out there, you'll appreciate my excitement to have my first birthday in 24 years with a guarantee of no snow, no coldness, no staying indoors! I felt like a little kid with all the possibilities of a summer birthday! But if that wasn't enough, we arrived in Byron Bay (aka Heaven On Earth) just in time for my birthday! Almost every single person we talk to states that, hands down, Byron Bay is their favorite slice of Australia. We arrived at 6 pm and by 6:05 pm we were in total agreement. The girls agreed that my birthday should last 48 hrs since I have to celebrate it both in the Oz time zone and my home time zone and who could disagree with my friends' great wisdom so I just went with it. Plus they gave me total vito power for the days activities... that kind of power is intimidating but I hope that I used my powers for the good of all.... Luckily this gave me more time to accomplish the birthday checklist that Brittany made me... Items from this list include (but are not limited to); surf, walk on the beach, eat choc chip banana pancakes, eat ice cream, hang with my besties, see a koala, dance, and get a kiss from an aussie bloke... We happened to stop at a Koala Hospital on my birthday and, as Danielle said, there's no worry about breaching patient confidentiality when your patient is a koala so there was a board with all the 'patients' diagnosis's and the interventions being implemented. Fittingly, there was a koala pt named "birthday girl"! Unfortunately, at the ripe old age of 22+ yrs she was labelled as 'ancient'... oh dear! All in all, I'd say I completed 99% of my tasks... My kiss was just a kiss on the cheek but that's all I was really after cause my heart is already occupied by the surf and the beach....

Luv V

No comments:

Post a Comment